Who We Are:
Journey Autism and Behavioral Care Centers was founded with a clear vision: to bring a compassionate, dedicated team of professionals together looking for a different type of company to provide the highest quality ABA services to those who need them.
Journey’s clinical and professional development services are led by a BCBA-D with over 15 years of clinical and research experience, and over a decade of experience teaching and mentoring aspiring BCBAs and behavior technicians. Our clinical and operations teams work collaboratively every day to ensure the needs of our providers and clients are the top priority. We also believe in transparency with our team of providers, so we meet quarterly to review Journey’s progress and future initiatives.
At Journey, we believe that truly excellent clinical care can only be achieved with truly excellent people, and truly excellent people deserve truly excellent training, support, and development throughout their career. With this idea in mind, we created a comprehensive training program that brings our team of providers together and helps ease the transition between the foundational, conceptual skills you learned in your graduate program and the practical, clinical skills necessary to successfully manage a caseload in the community.
Whether you’re new to the field or have years of experience, you have a place at Journey Autism and Behavioral Care Centers. Our team has access to a variety of training and professional development resources to promote ongoing learning and reduce burnout, including:
- Group and individual clinical supervision provided by experienced BCBAs
- Real-time support provided by senior leadership and clinicians- mentorship is at your fingertips!
- Support for clinical research that benefits our clients
- Highly organized clinical infrastructure with shared resources
- Ongoing collaboration between providers and the leadership team
- Ability to participate in clinical projects of interest to you to enhance your skill set and contribute to the ongoing growth and development of other BCBAs- you have the ability to help shape Journey’s processes and culture
- Ability to participate in community outreach to disseminate ABA to families and other professionals
- Small caseload sizes driven by clinical need
- Values-driven leadership
At Journey, we value our team of providers. That’s why we offer an extensive benefits program that promotes the health and well-being of our team that includes:
- Industry-leading hourly pay for behavior technicians
- Multiple full-time salaried positions with bonuses for BCBAs
- Paid time to complete indirect activities for BCBAs
- Flexible full- and part-time options
- Social events to help build teamwork and rapport between our behavior technicians, BCBAs, and the leadership team.
- Health, vision, and dental plan options
- Paid time off, sick time, paid holidays
- Professional development funds
- Technology package
- Clinical supervision for students
- Paid time to complete community service activities
Check Our References!
At Journey, we believe that the interview process is a two-way street, where we get to know you and you have an opportunity to get to know us to determine if we are a good fit. That’s why we encourage interested candidates to check our references by connecting with various members of our team to learn more about our culture, values, and specific job responsibilities.
View Our Current Opportunities
Fill Out Our Application
"*" indicates required fields